We're looking for a senior Backend Engineer who loves to solve complex issues, learns fast, shares knowledge, and balances generating business value with reducing technical debt.
You will build software solutions for our supply chain management, inventory management, product catalogue, order management or customer-facing applications creating experiences that exceed customer and supplier expectations.
At Vivre we see our technology as the main ingredient in our effort to build a complex business system to serve millions of clients in our 9 markets (Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Greece and more to come). Our technology facilitates the sourcing of over 1 million product SKU’s from thousands of suppliers/vendors across Europe, the logistics of getting them from supplier to our clients door and everything in
We learn every day from our colleagues, our clients and our suppliers and tackle hard problems in trying to improve user experience in discovering and sorting our products, logistics operations, customer interactions, warehouse fulfillment processes, reporting and data understanding, marketing efficiency and accounting there is no area of our business that is not touched by the technology we develop.
What you will be working on:
- Build web-based, PHP- centric applications that are robust, scalable, and user-friendly;
- Solve a wide range of challenging business problems, extending Vivre’s competitive advantage and ability to scale;
- Work with large and complex SQL databases and queries;
- Develop algorithms for back end business workflows;
- Contribute to architectural and code review discussions that impact our engineering ecosystem;
What we need from you:
- Several years web development experience using PHP;
- Experience working with relational database management systems, MySQL mainly and some experience with Elasticsearch would be great;
- Desire to work in an agile environment, to be challenged and to learn continuously;
- Analytical and creative mindset for solving business problems with technology;
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features;